Request Passowrd Reset
Forgot your password?
Certify Your Winery or VineyardBack to Login
Sustainability in Practice (SIP) Certified helps farmers and winemakers demonstrate their dedication to preserving and protecting natural and human resources.
SIP Certified is a rigorous sustainable vineyard, winery and wine certification with strict, non-negotiable requirements, committed to standards based on science and expert input, independent verification, transparency, and absence of conflict of interest.
Vineyard & Winery
Applicants can choose to certify their vineyard or winery or both by implementing the rules covered in the Standards.
- Certification runs from December 1 through November 30.
- Participants implement and document the Standards to meet all requirements and at least 50% of the Management Enhancement points.
- Independent inspectors verify the Standards annually between June 1 and July 15 on a three-year cycle with complete records and onsite inspections in cycle 1 and either offsite documentation or short documentation and onsite inspection in cycles 2 and 3.
Applicants can certify wines made with estate or purchased fruit.
- Certify any wine made with at least 85% SIP Certified fruit.
- Wines can be certified at any time.
- Independent inspectors review block to bottle documentation for 20% of the applied for wines.