if you already have an account
Certify Your Winery or Vineyard
Sign up to certify your Vineyard and/or Winery, or complete the self-assessment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Sustainability in Practice (SIP) Certified helps farmers and winemakers demonstrate their dedication to preserving and protecting natural and human resources.
SIP Certified is a rigorous sustainable vineyard, winery and wine certification with strict, non-negotiable requirements, committed to standards based on science and expert input, independent verification, transparency, and absence of conflict of interest.
Vineyard & Winery
Applicants can choose to certify their vineyard or winery or both by implementing the rules covered in the Standards.
- Certification runs from December 1 through November 30.
- Participants implement and document the Standards to meet all requirements and at least 50% of the Management Enhancement points.
- Independent inspectors verify the Standards annually between June 1 and July 15 on a three-year cycle with complete records and onsite inspections in cycle 1 and either offsite documentation or short documentation and onsite inspection in cycles 2 and 3.
Applicants can certify wines made with estate or purchased fruit.
- Certify any wine made with at least 85% SIP Certified fruit.
- Wines can be certified at any time.
- Independent inspectors review block to bottle documentation for 20% of the applied for wines.